Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Silly Sophie




This girl is a mess!!! She is so rotten and so full of herself sometimes. She is warming up to me better but still has many moments where she doesn't want me near. She is beginning to hold my hand and tell me to "Qwa la" however that is spelled!! LOL which means "come go with me" She will say Mama Qwa la and grab my hand but she just wants to make sure I am in the group not just with her alone. So this is a start. She has a temper and if very smart and know how to get her way by screaming and grunting. She will stomp one of her little foot when she is mad and doesn't want to do what you tell her to do. So we have a lot to learn when we get back home. It is going to be like breaking a wild horse!!! LOL!!! We have to work on using the potty and behaving before we go to preschool. I have my work cut out for me. But this will all be much easier to do at home when I don't have chinese people staring me down and yes they will stop and stare. some even try to help and that makes it even worse. So I am ready to get back to my turf!!!

11 comments:

Nai Nai said...

And I am ready for you to get home. Sophie is funny and she will do just fine once you get her home. It seems like it's been forever. I love the picture of you two holding hands, she has come along way. Love you and have fun while we sleep!!! See you Thursday!!

Tonja said...

soon, my dear.soon....

Anonymous said...

We can't wait for you to be home. Josh was with us today, and i know he is so excited to see ya'll!!! We had a fun afternoon! Michelle J.

Deandra said...

Sherri, Praise the Lord, he is answering all of our prayers. Precious picture of you holding Sophie's hand. Adorable picture of Justin and Sophie sleeping. We are all as ready for you to be home as you are.

THE DARTY'S said...

You're in the home stretch........ just hold on!! I am so proud of you, Ricky and Justin. Sophie is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to see her stomp that little foot :)
Much love, Susan

andi said...

what is it? like 48 hours or less...you can my dear. one goal a week...baby steps. perhaps one goal a month.

Nicole said...

She sounds like a firecracker!I'm so glad she is trusting you more and more. Precious pictures too!

Janet Rawls said...

Hang in there. You will feel better when you are home! I have had you on my mind and in my prayers. Can't wait to meet Sophie.
Janet Rawls

samantha said...

ALMOST HOME!!! I KNOW YOU CAN'T WAIT. WHEN YOU GET HOME AND GET SOME REST WE WILL TALK. I KNOW THINGS ARE GOING TO BE HECTIC AND OVERWHELMING. THINK ABOUT WHEN YOU MIGHT WANT ME TO COME DOWN TO BAMA. YOU MAY NEED SOME TIME TO SETTLE? JUST THINK ABOUT IT. YOUR ALMOST HOME. I KNOW YOUR READY TO SEE JOSHUA AS HE IS YOU. SCOTT AND I ARE GOING TO A CLEMSON GAME WITH HIS FRIEND FROM WORK..WE WILL BE SPENDING THE NIGHT UP THERE ON SAT. THRU SUN. I HOPE THE PLANE RIDE GOES WELL.

kdavis said...

The sight of you two holding hands and the thought of her calling you mama are too wonderful to imagine! I am so glad things are getting better. I bet when you get her home and it is just her and you that it will be rough at first but she will realize you are all she has, that she will feel safe with you and come to you. We can't wait to see all of you, but will control ourselves until you are ready. Love and prayers.

Amber Brockett said...

So excited to see her holding your hand!! So sweett!! She is gonna fall in love with you so much soon!!! Praying for a fast plane ride home for you guys!!