Saturday, September 20, 2008

Adjusting Better




Sophie is doing much better. We have had two good days in a row. She still has a runny nose and that make her grumpy sometimes but nothing like when we first came home. She is beginning to explore around the house more and play with her toys. She sill doesn't play in her room but that will come with time I guess. She used to only want to stay and sleep in the kitchen so we are making big progress playing in the den. She has slept in my bed for two nights and that has helped greatly with me getting sleep. Justin has to lay down with her until she falls asleep and then he leaves and I slip into his place. She has slept all night. PTL!!! I am beginning to feel somewhat normal again!!!

Sophie likes to eat bananas, corn, granola bars, pringles, watermelon, boiled eggs, rice, chicken noodle soup, ramen noodles, gummie snacks, skittles. She loves to drink water and now wants a straw in her cup ( she is my daughter). She is very mischievous. She is laughing more than crying and doing better with telling Justin bye. I think she has finally realized that he will come back everyday. Still kinda standoffish with Joshua but hopefully this weekend she can spend some quality time with him. We are all starting to learn each other better but we still have a long way to go to gain her trust completely.

8 comments:

Nai Nai said...

Sophie has come sooo far. I see a change each dat. Hang in there it will all come in time. Love you much!!! NeNe

jody said...

YEAH!!!!!! I miss you lots! Love, Jody

Deandra said...

Answers to much prayer. Praise the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY for much needed rest for you. HE is AWESOME and knows exactly what we need. I am so happy and excited that she has taken a positive turn. She will continue to do so each day.

Michelle said...

God is so good! To Him alone be the Glory for the strength and goodness He has blessed upon your family this week.

amy said...

So glad to hear that she is doing better! I thought she did awesome at chapel the other day! I even saw her playing with puzzles!! And it has only been a week - can't wait to see how far she comes next week! amy

Tonja said...

I do not know when I was as happy to see anyone as I was to see you and Sweet Sophie at FP yesterday. She is beautiful!
I am going to stock my shelves with gummies and Pringles for the next visit!
Oh, it was a happy day!

Kaitlyn said...

Thanks for the comment you left me! I feel very lucky to have so many friends and family members who are behind me, and supporting me each and every step of the way! A lot of perfectionist and people who worry a lot can relate to people with eating disorders bcause thats a lot of what's at the root of them. But, thank you for your encouraging words!
I'm glad everything is going better, and Sophie is doing good! I hope it continues to get better! I pray for all of yall daily!!! Keep trusting in God!!! Oh, and I will check into that Bible study. Thanks! Love you!!!! :)

Kate said...

How great to read that Sophie is starting to feel more comfortable and that you are getting very important rest! We will continue to pray that she feels your love more and more and that her heart softens a bit more each day. I wish we had been able to spend more time together in China. Maybe we all need to have a reunion next summer in the middle of our homes... wherever that may be! Hugs! Kate, Nyah and crew