Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sophie's Dedication










We had Sophie dedicated at church today. She wore her Chinese dress and carried a bag of Cheese its!!!! You don't take the girl's food away from her. I had the Doritoes hid so she would not ask for them. At least the Cheese its aren't so messy!!! She would lean around Justin's shoulder and get her a bite throughout the dedication. I was just glad she was not crying!!!

I chose this day for her dedication because it is the day after my Mom's birthday. She left me 10 years ago to go and be with the Lord. I miss her so much!!! If it is at all possibe, I just know that she helped the Lord orchestrate this adoption. She would have adored Sophie. She died when I was pregnant with Joshua and it makes me sad that she is not a part of my children's lives.

Our friend Tim sang When Love Takes You In by Steven Curtis Chapman to a slide show of pictures of Sophie from the orphanage until now. Thanks Michelle for doing that!!! It was so sweet!! Thanks Cynthia for decorating and cooking!! We are so thankful that God chose this little angel to be a part of our family!

2 comments:

Nai Nai said...

I loved every minute of it!!!!
As I watched the slide show you could really see I different little girl, Sophie has come so far from that 1st day in China, she seems like she has been with us forever even though it has only been 2 months. What would our lives be without Sophie in them. Yes, it was a beautiful day. And I believe your Mom had a beautiful Birthday with Jesus and is smiling down on Miss Sophie!!! Love you!!!

Tonja said...

Sherrie, this must have been a wonderful day! You all look so happy! How exciting it is to watch Sophie change into the little girl God want her to be. He wants only the best for her and she will recieve that now that she is a Peak! Blessings on you all!