Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Restful Night

We had a very good and restful night last night. Sophie and I were both very happy to be at home. She has played all day and has gotten in the bathtub 3 times today. It is just so much fun to see her enjoying the bathtub since she was so terrified to get into the bathtub while we had her in China.

We have had a productive time of bonding this past week. I just hate that it was under the painful conditions that she has went through. She really leaned to me and Ricky for comfort. I was scared that she would be angry with us and regress. She is now calling me Mommy!!! Such a sweet sound to my ears. I think she finally gets it! She will ask for which ever one of us that is not there. She seems to realize that we are a family. She like to tell me "this is mama's car" "this is GeGe's car" "this is Baba's car' "this in not Daisy's car" She is really taken ownership of all of us being together. Daisy is our dog!! They have a love/hate relationship. Sometimes Sophie tolerates her and sometimes she doesn't!!

Sophie is speaking more and more English everyday. She still speaks Chinese and sings little songs in Chinese. It is so cute. She likes to say "poor little baby" and "naked baby" . She can say Joshua very clearly. She is learing to sing her ABC's minus a few letters.

9 comments:

samantha said...

I just can't wait to see her and the rest of the family! It is sooo wonderful to picutre her finally being able to rest in the love of her family. It has been a rough road but it is worth it...yes! I hope I can come up the next weekend I have free. I can't stand it anymore.

Henrietta said...

I know with your big heart and love and support all will be good for the entire family. Love the updates

Tonja said...

This is music to my ears!

Nai Nai said...

Yes, Miss Sophie has come a long way. She is no longer that scared little china baby we all saw by Skpe almost two months ago. It seems like Sophie has always been with us. What was life in Dothan like without Sophie?

Kristi said...

Wow! What wonderful news as Sophie continues to grow in her understanding of family. What a circle of blessings!

Krisan said...

That is just awesome new's!!! I got chill's reading your blog today. I just wish I could have seen the look on your face when she said those magical word's. God is doing awesome thing's for your family. She will get used to daisy, I have day's where I have the love/hate relationship too with my dog's.

jody said...

I am so glad you are home. God is good. I knew Sophie would grow to love you more each day. She just had her guard up to survive without you for her first three years. Now she has HER mommy.

jody said...

BTW JKB2China is me, Jody

Nicole said...

Sherie! I had no idea all this was going on! I have been so preoccupied with our family situation that I haven't been on the computer much. I am so thankful Sophie is feeling better now. Praise God for the bonding and healing your precious girlie is working through. I'll call soon.