Friday, October 3, 2008

Preschool visit



Sophie and I visited the preschool today for chapel and she even went into her room for a good 15 minutes and painted with her classmates. She even let one friend be attentive to her without pushing him away. Progress!! I am so excited to think how much she will change with another months time. Not sure when we are going to actually go back to work and school but we are hoping for it to be sooner than later!! I think she will learn a lot by being around other American children. She might even teach them a little Chinese!! :)

A friend emailed me this verse today and I want to share it with you. This is what I have been clinging to for the past month and I really didn't even know what book of the Bible that it was in. I just knew it to be a verse in the Bible. It was sweet confirmation to receive it in an email today! "Weeping (grieving, my added word) may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning!!" Psalm 30:5
Our morning may be several months away but I know that it is coming. The Lord brought this little girl into our lives for a plan and a purpose. She and I have both weeped and grieved together over the past month and we will probably weep and grieve many more days but the joy of the Lord is forever!!! I can't wait for her to experience this joy!!!!

4 comments:

Nai Nai said...

Sherrie, I know it's hard for you to see inside the "Glass house" but I see big changes daily. Yes, the Princess has come a long way from those 1st days in China.

andi said...

Look at our Princess! That little fella was a doll! I can't believe how she just let him "help" her!

Nicole said...

What a brave girl! I love that verse!

Krisan said...

Sherrie, enjoy this precious time and moment's they go all so fast. The pic's are precious. Keep up the good work. When I saw her Sunday, she has changed sooooo much since you guy's got home. Her hair has even grown some. Love ya like a sis.

Krisan