Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One Month with Sophie!!!!





Wow!! I can hardly believe that our little princess has been with us one month today. A lot has changed since she was thrown into our arms. She was such a scared baby but seemed to recognize the picture book that we had sent her and found some comfort in the fact that we were the people that she had been looking at. She is doing so much better in our home and interacting with all of us, even me, I am still last when everyone else is at home though!!! She and I are getting along very well when it is just me and her. I get an occasional kiss depending on her mood. I still get the occasional pinch too!!! LOL!! No hugs or any lap holding but she will let me hold her a little longer when I get her out of the bathtub now. I wrap her up in a towel and we sing and dance around. She has come a long way and I am so looking forward to the future. She is so loved by so many people and once she realize that she is going to be such a joy to so many others!!!! God has a plan and a purpose for her. He never promised it would be easy but He has promised to provide our needs. I hope that He uses her in a big and mighty way. I stare at her all the time and still can't believe she is ours and that she is here!!!! Yes I remember how horrible the first week was and how desperate we all were to catch up on our sleep, but I am finally seeing that it is getting better every day. We have a long road to travel and I still appreciate all the prayers lifted up our our behalf. When Sophie crosses your mind or you read this blog just pray that her heart would continue to soften not only to her family but to others that want to be an influence and part of her life. Thanks friends!!! Be patient! She will love everyone soon!!!

4 comments:

andi said...

There is a time for everything under the sun....
We love you all!

Anonymous said...

...and just imagine how happy Sophie will be when she realizes that she is the chosen recipient of a slightly used, fuzzy, hot pink kitty-kat sweater! This will probably have a radically positive effect on her outlook. :)
love, Dana & Virginia

Tonja said...

Those are sweet words, Sherrie, and spoken from a heart very full of love. I am so looking forward to spending more time with Sweet Sophie...and it will come. Sorry I will miss you on Friday...but travel, I must! Hang tough!

RamblingMother said...

she is precious