Thursday, August 28, 2008

We have arrived!!

What a long day! we finally landed in Beijing at 5:30am Alabama time Thursday morning. It is now 8:10pm Beijing time. I just got off the phone with my sweet Joshua and he is doing great!! I am so proud of him!!! I told him about the sliced boiled egg and cucumber sandwhich we were served on the airplane and he was glad he didn't come!!! LOL

Our trip went very smoothly. We had no problems at all getting connected and our long flight was as comfortable as we could get. I sorta got a little anxious with 6 hours left into the trip and had to get up and walk and breath. We all had our own screen and could watch whatever movie or prerecorded TV show and listen to music. This really helped pass the time!

I can't believe that we are finally here!!!! We will have two very busy days of touring Beijing and then we will take the train to Tianjin on Sunday and pick up our princess on Monday!!!!

Thanks for all the prayers. They were answered in so many ways. We are so lucky to have wonderful, praying friends!!!!

Have a great Day!!!! Goodnight from Beijing!!!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

YEA!!!! I can't believe you are there. It still seems like a dream. I know it has been a long 10 months, but in a way it seems like yesterday when we were praying for God to show you if this was his will. God is Good! He is making a longtime dream come true. Love you!

Deandra said...

I am in tears at my teacher computer with goose bumps running down my arms and legs. I have not quit thinking of you all. Thank you SO MUCH for the blog. I am so delighted you have made it there safely and smoothly. The prayer will continue. I love you and have fun!!!!!

Nai Nai said...

Yea!!!
I could not sleep for worrying about you on that cramped up plane. Get some sleep and text me when your up. Goodnight my friend.

kristen said...

So glad you are safe! Sleep well!

allison davis said...

I never imagined you being on a plane for so many hours... I walked over to the terminal first thing yesterday morning to make sure you guys were on your way. They said everything went smoothly and you left Dothan on time. Could not sleep last night... Got your text message this morning. YEE HAW! Get some rest and know you are in my thoughts and prayers. All my love!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you. Josh and Emma came to play yesterday while your plane was over Alaska. Josh thought that was really great! Coleman is excited for Josh to play after school again today. Its so much fun for Coleman to have Josh around the corner!! We will keep loving on him and praying for all of your precious family!! michelle j.