Sunday, August 31, 2008

We are in Tianjin

Hey everybody we made it. We are settled into our room here at the Golden Ocean. I will post pictures later. We are just resting and waiting for our guide to come back and pick us up. OUr room is very nice. Much bigger and nicer than our room in Beijing. Our room there was nice and clean but just small.

Our ride to the hotel was very interesting. First of all our driver picked us up in a small compact car. Thank goodness we did not have a lot of luggage because it would not have fit and I just don't know what he would have done. We held our backpacks in our laps!! The traffic in Tianjin is much worse than Beijing...more cars. We just got through talking to our guide about the traffic and how crazy it is and how everyone seems to remain very calm and patient even when they are tooting their horns and weaving in and out of each other. There are really no lanes just a lot of people merging. Our guide said that the traffic lights were just their for a suggestion. LOL!! We were sitting in traffic one time and a guy from behind us got our of his van and walked up to the car in front of us and started smacking the driver in the head and then opened his door up and smacked him some more and then he slowly walked back to his van. Talk about road rage!!! LOL!! So much for patience.

Our guide is getting us another driver for the rest of our stay here. So long for now from China!!!!

10 comments:

Nai Nai said...

Sleep well you will need it when you wake... Tommorrow is the BIG day!!! So I am no longer the fastest driver on the road? LOL

Kate said...

Hi Sherrie,
Glad you arrived in Tianjin safe and sound. The traffic here is crazy as well... so many people and cars and not enough room! We are thinking about you and your family and Sophie! I hope your gotcha day is a smooth one!
Kate

kdavis said...

Hey there! Thank you for the pictures! They are great and I love, love them! Of course, the greatest sight of all is near or with the time change has already happened! Lots of hugs and kisses for Sophie and you three. Enjoy!!!!

Deandra said...

Sherri, I wake up each morning excited to read about your previous day. The road rage is cracking me up. I would have died laughing about the one guy smacking the other. Sleep well you three and I pray a spirit of peace and rest for you all during the night. We are so excited about GOTCHA DAY!!!! I am sure you are even more. Love you all!!!!

allison davis said...

Okay, if I am right it is 9:30pm there... ? Tomorrow is the big day! Sherri, how I wish I could be there to see Sophie's face when you hold her in your arms. She will say... finally my mommy is here!..LOL :) I have shared your story with so many people. I want them to know what a BIG God we serve. I am so glad to be a part of your journey.... I love you! Allie

samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
samantha said...

How is Ricky feeling today? Better I hope. Tell Ricky and Justin that "BAMA" beat the Clemson Tigers badly last night. It felt almost as good as it would beating the Auburn Tigers. Ha Ha
I am going to call Joshua today. We will talk some football...I'm sure he will like that. Sherri, I am so proud of you. You've grown in so many ways. You are doing such a wonderful job. You will soon have your gift.

Nicole said...

Ohhh! Your are SO close to your little princess!!! Maybe you are catching a ffew winks before the big moment! I didn't sleep well the night before at all! Praying for things to go smoothly!!

Kristi said...

We are praying for each of you and are enjoying your blog so much. Brings back our memories of China as we read! So glad we can share in your journey and consider it a Joy to pray for you all. Praying for Joshua as he is home, praying for Ricky to heal, for protection for each of you and for precious Sophie's heart as she is about to meet her forever family. We are so excited as we wait to see you holding your beloved princess. Every good and perfect gift is from above coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does no change like shifting shadows. James1:17
Blessings and prayers, Scott,Kristi,and Anna Faith Rui Henderson

kdavis said...

Well, Miss Priss, you and I have been typing at the very same time but I am stupid and could not figure it out. This is my third comment! I was writing how I hoped you were asleep, dreaming of Little Miss Priss. I am so excited for all of you and my dream would be to see Sophie's face and your face when you meet for the first time. Wow, what a moment, what a gift, and what a God! I hope Ricky and Justin are prepared to be worshiped and adored. Boy, is she going to love Josh's big blue eyes! I can't wait to hear from you afterwards, but I sure you are going to be pretty busy for awile. I mean, falling in a deep, deep love is alot of fun and sort of removes you from the rest of the world. There are hugs and kisses to catch up on. Lives have been lived so that those involved may now live together. I hope everything goes well and go back to sleep!