Monday, August 25, 2008

Anxiety/Peace

"Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you" 1 Peter 5:7

I am awake and very restless tonight. I am getting so excited about having Sophie in my arms soon but getting sad and anxious about leaving Joshua. He will be well taken care of while we are gone so that is not the issue. Just that this mama's heart is going to miss him as much or more than he is going to miss me. This is such a bitter/sweet emotion for me and reminds me of when my Mom passed away while I was 8 months pregnant with Joshua. It is very hard to be happy and sad at the same time. The two emotions just fight against each other. I think because he is the baby that I carried the entire time my Mom was going through cancer, makes our bond a little different. Joshua was the strength I needed during such a uncontrollable and sad time in my life. "Be stong and courageous, do not be terrified, for the Lord you God is with you wherever you go" Joshua 1:9 This is Joshua's name as a result of this verse I clung to during those difficult days of losing my Mom.

I am going to cling to this verse once again and cast all my fears and anxiety upon Him. My prayer is that Joshua will be able to do this as well. My prayer is for immeasurable peace!!!

Thank you once again to all my wonderful friends and family that will be praying us through! My next post will be from China!!! Thanks for sharing this journey with us!!!!

9 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

Don't worry, God will handle everything! I am praying for all of yall.. I love you!
--kaitlyn

Deandra said...

Tears filled my eyes and goose bumps ran up my legs when I read this. Precious!! You are so blessed sweet friend. "Be still and know that I am GOD" Many prayers are with you. The Gatlins are very excited about the new addition.

Nai Nai said...

As you tell me each time I leave my boys, everything will be ok and you will be home with little Sophie before you know it. The time will fly by quickly. Love you and can't wait to see Sophie.

kristen said...

Praying for all of you! Can't wait to hear from you in China!

andi said...

He Is______ whatever we need. Praying for you all the way to China and back...Hugs and more hugs!!!!!

Tonja said...

Sweet Sherrie,
My dear...all will be well. The Lord has gone ahead of you and prepared the way. Now, Joshua, will just do fine. You must trust God to look after him and give him a great sense of peace and well being. I am so excited! Sweet Sophie is coming home! God is BIG! Big enough to be in China and AL both. Big Enough to take care of the whole Peak family!

Steph said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip! I will be following your journey daily!

Amber Brockett said...

I am so excited for you...it seems just like yesterday you, Michelle, Alison, and I were sitting in the hotel room talking about how God had put all this in place..and WOW the time is here!! I am so excited for you guys. Please know that I am praying for safe traveling mercies and an indescribable feeling the first time you get to "hug" sweet Sophie and she will be able to call you "mama" I love you !!!

jody said...

YEAH!!!! We will see you soon in GZ! Give Maggie a hug for me, you will be in great hands! Jody