Friday, August 15, 2008

Travel Plans

Hello everyone!!!! It has been a very busy week. I am so sorry that I have not posted lately. The boys started back to school and I started back to work. BTW have you heard lately that WE ARE GOING TO CHINA in 12 days!!!!!! So yes, I have been busy and will get busier as the days approach for our departure. We have enjoyed watching the Olympics and we think that it a huge blessing that God has provided a glimpse of life in China through the Olympics. He is in Control!!!!

Here is itinerary for those who interested:

8/27 Leave for China 6am

8/28 Arrive in Beijing 6:40pm (note this is 5:40am 8/28 Alabama time!!!!23 hours!!)

8/29 Tour Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple At Heaven and Acrobatic show
***I am tired...whew***

8/30 Great Wall (I'll be napping at the bottom) Summer Palace
***Very tired!***

8/31 Take train to Tianjin ***Getting excited!!!***

9/1 GOTCHA DAY!!! ***my soul is content and I am in love****

Sept 1-5 is spent in Tianjin

9/4 Visit Prince of Peace ***sad that I can't bring them all home to loving homes**

9/6 Fly to Guangzhou ***let's see how Sophie does on a plane***

9/7 Free Day ***SHOPPING!!!!***

9/8 Sophie Medical Exam

9/9 U.S. Consulate Appointment

9/10 Swearing in Ceremony U.S. Consulate

9/11 9:30am Fly from GZ to Shanghai. Leave Shanghi and arrive back in Dothan 9:30pm
Sept 11 ***Yes I realize the date...please pray for our safety**

Thank you all for your prayers, encouragement, and support for our family. We can't wait for you all to meet our "little princess". Please pray for Joshua has he stays behind and also for my heart because I will miss him just as much or more than he misses me. Please pray for Sophie to adjust well and to feel immediate security and love from us. My prayer is that the Lord will be glorified through this entire adoption because He is the author of this story. We are just thankful to be the characters that He chose to use!!

6 comments:

Tonja said...

I am so happy that the days are near for the adventure of your life! Sweet Sophie is coming home with her new family! How blessed you all will be! I wonder if she can feel the excitement we all feel? Is the Lord preparing her little spirit to welcome her mommy and daddy and brother? Is she looking for her mommy to come and hug her for the first time?
I believe that God speaks to the little ones the way they can understand. And if so, she is watching and waiting and knows in her heart that this is a very good thing that is happening to her!

jody said...

Sherrie, I know about flying on 9/11 but I prayed about it and once again we have to rely fully on God. And logically I thought that there must be more security on 9/11 than any other day and if people choose not to fly, than we can have more room on the plane ;-) Jody

Nai Nai said...

I can't believe the time is here and you are about to leave.Even with six babies of my own, maybe when Sopjie gets here I can finally feel like "NeNe".

andi said...

Tonja should make a song along the 12 days of christmas since you are on a COUNT DOWN BABY!!!! That is awesome! :)

Nicole said...

Oh, how exciting! I wish we had met up before things got crazy! I am so excited for you guys! We got Gracie on 9-11-2005, so that's a special day in our family! We'll be thinking of and praying for you all. We cannot wait to meet you all!

kristen said...

Praying for a safe, smooth trip for you all and can't wait to meet Miss Sophie!