Friday, November 21, 2008

Not feeling so good......

The Princess and I had a horrible night last night. She did not sleep much at all past midnight because she was having a lot of pain due to another yucky bladder infection. I knew that it was coming because she was very irritable for a few days. She has really been doing well and has been very silly and happy. I feel like I am finally able to recognize when she is not feeling well and I am also realizing that she has probably needed her mommy for a lot longer than I have been her mommy. My hope is that her nannies were there for her when she didn't feel good and loved her the best they could as a caretaker. I am sure that they did. I now understand the little girl that we picked up 2 1/2 months ago just didn't feel good and was scared that these new people might not take care of her and understand that she didn't feel good or that we would know how to take care of her. That sweet girl as let her defenses down and has clung to her mommy and now looks to her mommy to take care of her. PTL!!!

They cathed her at the doctor's office to be able to get a clean urine catch. Her nurse did a great job and was in and out very quickly!! She also got 2 antibiotic shots. We are 10 days away from surgery...please pray that she can stay well and that nothing will interfere with our surgery date. Thank you all for loving Sophie as much as we do.

4 comments:

Tonja said...

so sorry Sweet Sophie is not well. This will soon be a thing of the past...PTL!

jody said...

Wish I was there with you-Jody

Red Brocade said...

You remain in our prayers. We hope Sophie will feel better by Thanksgiving and that the surgery will soon be behind you all. God bless, Pia

samantha said...

Have you gotten her results back yet? I hope she starts feeling better soon. I guess even MORE reason to stay around home for Thanksgiving huh? There is nothing like home anyway...I'm sure she will appreciate it. Get well soon sophie