Monday, July 28, 2008

TA and God's Radar





We received our Travel Approval today!!!!!! We have a tentative "Gotcha Day" for Sept 1. Labor Day!!! How appropriate because this has definately been an act of long labor! For the few of you that I have already spoken with, they originally told me August 25. Still things could change a little bit. Nothing is permanent until we get our Consulate Appointment. It is about 1:30am in China right now so I am sure no one is checking emails and making appointments. So hopefully I will know something by tomorrow.

Now the rest of this post will be somewhat rambling but I want to explain how my phone call came about today..... I was talking to Courtney this morning and my phone kept messing up and we were not able to finish our conversation. She had told me that she was going up to the preschool to do some things in the room. Both my home phone and cell phone were giving me problems and she was not able to hear me but I could hear her. So I jumped in the shower and got dressed and rode up to the school. This is where God's Radar comes in. I got to the preschool and Bonnie, Paula, Allison and Courtney were all there. They were excited to see me and asked me questions about the adoption. Paula said "wouldn't it be great if you got the phone call while you were here"!!!! I walked out on the playground to see some of the childcare children and Courtney comes to get me.

C: You have a phone call!

Me: What?

C: You have a phone call!!!

Me: Are you sure it is for me?

C: YES

( I have not been to the school since our last day in May)

Me to Bonnie: Who is it?

B: I don't know

Me: Hello?

P: Hi Sherrie, this is Patricia from Harrah's you have your TA Today!!!

Me: Why are you calling me here?

P: Well I always call work numbers first.

Me: But you don't understand, I don't work in the summer.

(By this time I don't even hear what Patricia is saying? I start rambling about how I am not even suppose to be here and how my teacher friends are saying wouldn't it be great if you got the call while you were hear...poor Patricia. I am sure that she is thinking this girl has gone completely off her rocker!!)

Anyway, I finally calm down and listen to all that she has to tell me. Hang up the phone and get a group hug from my friends. I am so thankful that God has me on His Radar.

My friend Michelle reminded me that everytime I have gotten an important phone call that I have been surrounded by friends. Both of my parents and grandparents are deceased. I don't have any family that live close by. My friends are very important to me. God has orchestrated all these phone calls of good news to come at a time that I am surrounded by people who love me.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Psalm 150:6

10 comments:

andi said...

HAPPY DAY!!!! HAPPY FEET!!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!!! HAPPY HEART!!!!! A HAPPY FAMILY!!!!!!!
HAPPY TOO,
Andi

Nicole said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting! I can't wait to meet Sophie! These next weeks will FLY by as you have So much to do, and Patricia is absolutely wonderful as are all the HFS staff! You are in good hands, and so very soon, Sophie will be in yous!

kristen said...

So excited to hear your great news!!!That is wonderful!!! Get packing!

Kate said...

Yippee! What a great day isn't it!!! Doug and I both left work to eat lunch together for the first time in over a month because the electricity was out in town and we were together for the call. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for September 1st too! Congratulations and enjoy celebrating!!!
Kate

Kaitlyn said...

I am so happy for yall!!!! I pray for you all daily! I can't wait to see my new cousin!

Tonja said...

My internet is going in and out! I know...I'm praising God!

Karen said...

Hooray! Can you believe this is actually happening? We're so excited! Can't wait to meet you in Guangzhou! Karen

Nai Nai said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish you many happy days ahead. Love you!

jody said...

Yeah for the Fab 5. God has a way of finding us right where HE wants us to be! Happy day! Love, Jody

Troy and Sarah said...

Yippee!! I can't wait to follow your journey while you are in China. I know your blog will be the first thing I read every morning!! Congratulations, we are so excited for you and your family and especially for Sophie!! Adoption is so AMAZING!