Thursday, July 24, 2008

In Honor of Nuan's Biological Mother

Today has been a very strange day knowing that we have a daughter half way around the world celebrating her birthday. I wonder if she even knows that today is her special day? I wonder if her biological Mother is thinking of her today?

I have spent most of the day thinking about Nuan's mother. I can't even imagine one day without my sons especially on their birthday. I wish there was some way to let her know how much we are thankful for her bringing Nuan into this world and how much we love her and can't wait to be her family. My prayer for her biological Mother is that she will feel a strange, unexplainable peace on the day that Nuan is placed into our arms.

Happy Birthday sweet girl! We can't wait to meet you! Soon, very soon!!!!

3 comments:

andi said...

Happy Birthday Sophie!!!!!
Sherrie,
What a beautiful prayer. It really overwhelms my heart and gives me a glimpse of my relationship to my Father that I have never experienced before. Thank you for sharing this journey with all of us!

Tonja said...

I'm waiting to hear some good news from you! Beautiful post!

Sweet Sophie will one day be so blessed and awed by the beatiful words you have written about her before you have even held her!

Kim said...

Thank you so much for the sweet and encouraging message you left on my blog. I really needed to hear it. The past few days truly have been sad ones for me. But I also know it's time to put things into perspective. Your daughter is beautiful and a special Happy Birthday to sweet Sophie. If you continue to blog while in China, I will certainly follow it while keeping you and your family in our prayers. Thank you again. Love, Kim