Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Surgery is over part #2

Hello everyone,  Thank you so much for all your prayers.  Sophie is resting well.  We are hoping that she sleeps through the night.  She did wake up and sat straight up in the bed.  I asked her if she wanted water and she said yes.  She took a few sips and laid back down.  

Dr. Joseph came to the room and checked on her.  He said that she did really well during the surgery.  He said that her whole system (kidney and ureter) measured 18 inches.  Her kidney was the size of an orange.  Her bladder is also enlarged but we are hoping that will shrink over time.  I do not see how Sophie has managed to run and play.  It had to be like a woman feels when she is 9 months pregnant and ready to give birth!!!  She is going to feel so empty when she finally wakes up and walks around.  

Pray that she sleeps all night.  The plan is to come home to more after she urinates on her own .  she will sleep with a catheter.

5 comments:

Nai Nai said...

So glad it's over. Sleep well little princess.

Kristi said...

May you all get some rest tonight. Our prayers remain with you all as we hope Sophie recovers very quickly.

Nicole said...

That poor baby! I am so glad she came through it fine. We prayed and are continuing to pray. Love from the Chenoweths

Deandra said...

Praise the LORD!!! I know you all are so glad that the surgery is behind you. She is a trooper and has been so much. She is tough little cookie. She will be ready for her sweets and treats before you know it. What a wonderful Christmas blessing for the Precious Peak Family. God bless you all.

samantha said...

I'm glad the surgery is over and now the healing begins. Before Christmas gets here she will be ready to enjoy it like a little girl should! I hope today is a good day for her. I will listen to my video on my cell phone. I miss her.