Friday, December 12, 2008

Mama's baby

Sophie continues to amaze me.  She is doing so well.  Her swollen belly has gone down. She is running through the house, climbing into chairs and making me a nervous wreck.  The doctor said limited activity for a month!!!!  Okay?????

She is so cute when she runs now...she seems so light on her feet.  She will go up on her tip toes when she runs like she is trying to maintain her balance.  Her stomach was so distended before that she literally walked like a  pregnant woman.  

She has become quite mischievous this week and will even come and tell me..Sophie mess!!!!  She still likes to play with water, soap, lotion, etc and you better go look for her if she gets too quiet.  Her English is remarkable.  She is using less and less of her Chinese phrases that we learned.  She still calles water "Shway" but now says Shway water.  She likes to tell you that "Sophie China", " Dis is Sophie's" , "Sophie mama's baby",  "Justin babbet ball (basketball)", "Sophie shilly gurla (silly girl)"  She can say chicken and ketchup very clearly and is obsessed with eating only chicken and ketchup!!!!  oh yeah and "choc-o-let"

Sophie loves her mommy and likes to watch the video of her crying the day they handed her to me in China.  She wants to watch it over and over again!!!  She will say Sophie cry and laugh about it and pretend to cry.  I tell her that Mommy was very sad that Sophie cried and she just looks at me like it was not big deal and she will give me a hug and say "Sophie mama's baby".  I never woud have imagined that we would be this close in such a short amount of time.  My heart was so broken and now it is restored!

Sophie, you are mama's baby and I love you so much.  I fell in love with a picture over a year ago and I can't believe that you are finally here with us.  I love you with every ounce of my heart and I am so honored to be your mommy.   Thank you Lord for bringing this precious child into all of our lives!!!!! 

6 comments:

Cakes by Delilah said...

Sherrie I am so happy for both of you!! The Lord is so good! Oh and will you tell Josh hey for me. I miss my students so much!

Kristi said...

Such a precious story of Sophie and how our loving Father does heal and restore! Our hearts have a bond as I understand the overwhelming awesomeness of also being entrusted with the gift of a daughter handed over to us.......the miracle of which I will never get over. Blessings to you my friend as we both taste and see our Lord is so very good!

jody said...

You have made me cry "happy" tears. Love ya, Jody

Tonja said...

Wonderful news, my friend! God is so good! She is happy and secure, and well! Praise the Lord!

Hope to see you before the holidays. Will you come to school and see us one day?

tara said...

You are both so blessed, she is precious.

krisan said...

Hey Sherri, I just got back on line. That is awesome news. I have missed reading what is going on with you guy's. God is awesome!!!! It will continue to get better with every passing day.Great news on Sophie getting better. C u soon.