Monday, December 1, 2008

Night before surgery....



Hi Everyone ,

No the princess is not going to be happy with no food and no candy!!!  It will be a challenging morning.  It will also be FREEZING!  We will not be able to distract her with the outdoors so we are hoping that she sleeps late and the Lord will satisfy her need and that she will not feel hungry in the morning.  She is usually tired also by 11:30.  

Thanks Cynthia for posting for me today but I need to make a correction.  They drained 600cc of urine today!!!!  It is totally amazing to watch her abdomen just shrink.  You could actually see her ribs and her pubic bones.  I can't imagine being that full all the time and never being able to empty my bladder.

We were at Children's hospital until about 1pm and then we took Sophie to Chickfila to eat and play.  We then went to the Galleria to ride the carousel and sorry I left my camera in the car :(
She fell asleep in her stroller and slept for an hour.  We are now in our hotel room. Sophie is sticking stickers on pieces of paper and on me and Ricky!!!  Thanks Tonja!!  The stickers are perfect!!!

Thank you friend for praying for this precious little princess.  We are blessed!!!!

9 comments:

Nai Nai said...

Love you and sleep well! Everyone were asking about you at the game.

Red Brocade said...

Dear Sophie,
I have been reading your blog for awhile now. What a beautiful young lady you are! Please know that our family will be praying for you. Hello also from HanHan. He saw your pictures and got very excited. Love, Pia

Kate said...

Sophie and all of you are in our prayers!
Kate

andi said...

Instead of color me happy we could say sticker me happy! :) This time tomorrow night it will be over.

Henrietta said...

I know all will be great and this will be over soon. I will think about you all today and keeping our fingers crossed for the best possible outcome. Hope you all slept well last night.
henri

Kristi said...

Praying for everyone throughout the day. We keep thinking about Sophie being happy and healthy with her family this Christmas...... as you get this part of the journey behind you.

jody said...

Sophie looks so tall! We have been praying all morning for the doctors, nurses, you and ofcourse Sophie. Also know that an entire middle school in NC is praying too! Love, Jody

Deandra said...

Praying for you Sophie, Ricky, and Sherri right at this moment. (12:07 pm Tuesday 12/2)I pray the Lord will cover you and Ricky with his spirit during Sophie's surgery time. Love you and your whole PRECIOUS family so much!!!!

Tonja said...

Hug my sweet friend and tell her hello! My prayers and good wishes are with you all. Glad the stickers are working! Thought they might come in handy!

Love and hugs

Tonja