Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Surprise Shower!!!

I work with the most wonderful women in the world. They have been there for me in time of grief when I lost my Dad and now rejoicing with my family as we anxiously await the arrival of our new daughter. They got me good! I had absolutely no idea that the luncheon was for me today. It was "suppose" to be a teacher appreciation luncheon!!! I was too busy today to even second guess anything that might be going on behind my back!!!! I have to admit that I was actually tired and anxious from the day and was thinking "I don't even think I have any brain cells left to carry on any adult conversation today!!" It is just a busy time of year with program practice, T-shirt orders, cutting out projects, putting together end of the year books, and very busy 3 year olds. blah blah blah.... so that is sort of how I was feeling today and Mrs "sneaky" Mann was in and out of the room a lot today making it even more busy. So what a surprise to this "blah" spirit I had going on inside of me when I walked through the doors and saw Sophie's Room hanger that Mrs. Mann gives to everyone who has a new baby!!! I was shocked and so surprised!!! As I sat there in group prayer for Sophie and my family listening to all the sweet, precious, and graceful words that my sweet friends lifted up to the Lord on our behalf, my spirit began to be comforted and uplifted. I am blessed, my family is blessed, and Sophie is so loved already from so far away. Thank you sweet friends for all the gifts and the sweet prayers for our little girl. I love you!!!

2 comments:

kristen said...

You have to watch that "Mrs. Mann"! She is indeed sneaky!!! So happy that precious Sophie had her 1st baby shower! We will keep you all in our prayers. By the way, you were asking about our blog, and it is ksthompson.blogspot.com

God Bless You!
Kristen

Tonja said...

Yesterday was much more than just a shower. It was a meeting with the Holy Spirit and a 'family of friends' who love one another in the Lord. I think everyone of us felt His presence so strongly. What confirmation that God is indeed behind this wonderful miracle called Sophie. Enjoy oohing and aahing over your goodies! You are loved! And so is Sophie!