Saturday, February 9, 2008

Fingerprints

We drove to Birmingham to get our fingerprints done. We walked right in and we were finished within 20 minutes. I have had the flu this week so I was worried that I would not do well for the trip but I was able to sleep some on the way there and on the way back home after settling down from witnessing a wreck. We were traveling south bound on I-65 and a Nissan Sentra was traveling North bound. He started losing control of his car and traveled across the median swirling around between us and the car behind us. He landed in a ditch. My experienced and attentive "Trooper" husband immediately sped up to get us out of the way. We pulled over and backed down the side of the Interstate to check on the wreck and luckily the young man got out of his car and was walking around. His car never flipped which could have made for a very different outcome. Ricky checked on him and he seemed unharmed and I called the Trooper office to report the wreck. We are so thankful that no one was harmed today. The guy's car didn't look so good but that can be replaced...human lives cannot.

2 comments:

Tonja said...

Sherrie,
I'm so glad y'all are OK. Congrats on taking the next step toward bringing the baby home. Every step just brings you closer to that sweet angel.

Nai Nai said...

Sherrie,
You did'nt tell me about this. I guess we were sailing and out of reach. It seems like forever since we've talked. So glad yall were ok.