Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine Party





My sweet girl had her first school party today and she was not too sure about all the "strange" adults in her classroom.  For the first time in a long time she had her "China" look on her face!  She did not sing the first word or change her facial expression.   She sits down and doesn't eat hardly anything except for her hershey kiss.  Then the tears start forming in her eyes and I take her out of the room to distract her.  I take her back to the room when things settle down and I ask her if she wants to go with Mommy or stay at school.  She said "go with Mommy" I grab her stuff...."Stay at School" "Go with Mommy"  She wanted to do both and just couldn't get her emotions together.  I took her to the car crying and she was fast asleep within minutes.  Poor baby she really does love school but the "out of the ordinary" day messed her up!!!

 She is laying in the bed with me and is now singing her Valentine songs!  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have trouble adjusting to new things,,,she'll continue to do great with your guidance. I love reading your post and seeing her pictures
henri

andi said...

Ah yes, truly a girl. We can never decide. :)

Tonja said...

Sweet girl...so sorry it was too much for her. But, I know some teachers who felt that way, too!:)

Give her a hug for me!

Val W said...

Sherri,

Her first party...can't believe it!! Maybe she just didn't feel good yesterday. She still looks mighty cute and I'm just so happy she is "mommy's" little girl now. Just what you have been praying for!! Love,

Val

Troy and Sarah said...

This reminds me of Rachel. The girls go to story hour Monday evenings...Rachel loves it, but they start every class with a short film strip. For some reason Rachel thinks the film strips are scary...they do turn the lights down a little, so maybe this is what scares her. Every Monday evening she says "mommy I want to go to story hour"...5 minutes later "mommy I don't want to go to story hour"...5 mins later "mommy I want to go to story hour". You get the idea! I usually hold her on my lap while everyone watches the film strip and then once that is over she is fine. Glad to see that Sophie is doing so well!